What is a HTNR?
- HTNRs are used to highlight accomplishments of Soldiers and Airmen in their communities through various media outlets across the state, to include:
- New enlistments
- HTNRs are produced by the Army and Air Force Hometown News Service
- Supports the Secretaries of the Army and Air Force Offices of Public Affairs
- Headquartered in Fort Meade, Maryland
- Program has been in existence for over 40 years
- Last year 750,000 news releases distributed to 14,000 media outlets
How does it work?
- After completion of the electronic form and LANG PAO approval, the form is sent electronically to FT Meade.
- From there, program officials use the information provided on the form to prepare a news release.
- The completed release is then sent to media outlets related to ALL zip codes listed on the release
- Current residence
- High School
- Publication of the form is up to each media outlet. The form could be published within two weeks of final approval
- LANG PAO will not know when or even if media outlets will use the release
- Refer to 2266 Guide
- Access the electronic HTNR link:
- Follow provided instructions, filling out ALL provided boxes
- Before clicking go, print the completed form to have the Soldier or Airmen sign it
- Keep for records
- This gives permission to release
- the provided information
- Once complete, click go at the bottom of the form
- From there it is sent to LANG PAO for approval
What if the link doesn’t work?
- If you are experiencing technical difficulty, let the PAO know! (CALL: 866-275-8176)