How to do business with the Louisiana National Guard:
The Purchasing and Contracting Division of the USPFO for Louisiana is located at 420 F Street, Camp Beauregard, Pineville, LA. This office procures federally funded supplies and services for the Louisiana Army National Guard in addition to Construction and Architect/Engineering Services for both the Louisiana Army and Air National Guard.
Mission: Procure supplies and services not available through normal supply channels such as communication equipment, catered meals, rental equipment, repair parts, as well as professional services and construction in support of the Louisiana National Guard.
SUMMARY OF PROCUREMENT STEPS
Registration in SAM (System for Award Management)
To do business with the Dept. of Defense you are required to be registered in SAM (System for Award Management). You will need the following information to do this:
Go to the SAM Web site at http://www.sam.gov and complete the registration either on-line or print out and complete and fax to the number at the bottom of the application.
- Enter your DUNS number (Data Universal Numbering System) in order to access the SAM application. Information is provided to access your DUNS number https://www.dnb.com/product/eupdate/newhomepage.asp if you do not know what it is.
- Your CAGE Code (Commercial and Government Entity code) will be automatically supplied to you when you become registered with SAM. You do not need this to complete the SAM application.In order to identify what your company does, you need to determine your SIC code(s), (Standard Industrial Classification), and NAICS code(s), (North American Industry Classification System). Go to www.sba.gov. Under “Special Programs and Initiatives” select “Size Standards & NAICS codes”.
- Scroll down and select “Bureau of Census SIC and NAICS correspondence tables”. Then enter your commodity or service in the “Enter a search keyword”. There are links on the web site to find the codes that pertain to your business.
- Ask your bank for your ABA Routing Number (first 9 digits on your check) and the ACH (Automated Clearing House) phone number for your SAM application so the government can pay you electronically.
B. Certification for “special designation” as a small disadvantaged business
- To determine if you are eligible for “special designation” as a small disadvantaged business with the Federal Government, go to www.sba.gov. Select “Certification(s) or Qualification(s) or Requirement(s)”. On that page you can learn about the various small business programs and determine if you qualify for one or more of them. If you have additional questions, call your local Small Business Administration (SBA) office.
C. Gaining access to federal solicitations
- Here is a web site, Federal Business Opportunities, that you can register with to receive by E-mail, each day, a listing of some federal solicitations that involve your particular company’s services and/or commodities: (as of October, 2001, it will be mandatory that all federal agencies list solicitations on this web site) http://www.fedbizopps.gov. Select “Notification Registration”. Select #2 of the 3 options listed. Enter your E-mail address, then select the code(s) closest to your business from the “Select Procurement Classification Code”. Leave “All Agencies” in the select “All Agencies” window. Then select “Subscribe to Mailing List”. In a few days you will receive E-mails designated as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consider “subcontracting opportunities” by visiting the SBA subcontracting Web site at http://web.sba.gov/subnet. Select “Search for Solicitations”, then “Search the Database”. You are then given 4 options to search with. You can also go back and search “View All Solicitations”.
- Once you have received your SAM confirmation by mail, two weeks after applying, you have the needed information to access an excellent free marketing resource and database for your company. Federal agencies and prime contractors who are looking for small companies to do business with will search this database and see your company’s profile, and will contact you directly.
- To direct market your company in your geographical area, visit the “office of small business programs” found at http://www.acq.osd.mil/osbp/doing_business/index.htm for further assistance.
FAX #: (318) 290-5986
Mailing Address: USPFO for Louisiana
420 F Street, Camp Beauregard
Pineville, LA 71360
Mailing Address: Louisiana Air National Guard
400 Russell Avenue Box 27 NASJRB
New Orleans, LA 70143
Supervisory Contract Specialist:
COL Randall “Beau” Bradford 318-290-5988 DSN: 435-5988
MAJ David Bourgeois 318-290-5933 DSN: 435-5933
MAJ Jonathan Maraggun 318-290-5352 DSN: 435-5352
CPT Chad Travis 318-290-5981 DSN: 435-5981
SSG Crystal Stiles 318-290-5982 DSN: 435-5982
Contract Specialist/Government Purchase Card Coordinator:
SSG Lavon Jenkins 318-290-5942 DSN: 435-5942
SGT Kamika Gray 318-290-5941 DSN: 435-5941
Base Contracting Officer:
Mr. Mark Blanco 504-391-8371 DSN:457-8371
MSgt Janice Hills 504-391-8371 DSN: 457-8371